Topic of the Week
Predictive Scheduling: What is it and why is it important
If you work an hourly job where you don't get your schedule until a few days before it starts, or you have to be "on call" and never know if you'll work or not, then this issue is for you.
Blog of the Week
Workplace Deaths Are Rising. Trump-Era Budget Cuts Could Make It Worse.
In an alarming development in the world of workplace safety, the latest statistics reveal that the number of accidental deaths on the job in America is on the rise, reversing the longer-term trend toward fewer fatal incidents.
Thought for the Week
"The new AMA policy signals that physicians support the need and benefit of policies for family and medical leave that are inclusive of LGBTQ workers."
–Patrice Harris, M.D. President-Elect of the American Medical Association, which announced support for extending family leave policies to LGBTQ caregivers
List of the Week
from Workplace Fairness
Top Benefits and Leaves searches this week:
- Vacation pay
- Disability leave
- Military leave
- Paid sick leave
Top Five News Headlines
- This nonprofit isn’t promptly paying its workers. Should she blow the whistle when she leaves?
- The Deceptive Campaign to Keep D.C. Service Workers Underpaid
- Tesla Severance Offer Draws the Line on Worker-Safety Concerns
- Pregnancy Discrimination Is Rampant Inside America’s Biggest Companies
- Supreme Court Decision in Janus Looms Over Critical Public-Sector Jobs and Public Services