Topic of the Week
Can you be punished at work for your political beliefs? Maybe.
It may seem reasonable to assume that your employer can't fire you, demote you, or create some other negative consequence just because of your political beliefs. However, this may not be the case. The federal laws that protect us from discrimination based
Blog of the Week
Trump economic adviser calls federal minimum wage a 'terrible idea'
Larry Kudlow, one of Donald Trump’s top economic advisers, took some time the week before Election Day to call the federal minimum wage a “terrible idea.”
Thought for the Week
"When it comes to the minimum wage, the biggest gap isn't between Republicans and Democrats; it's between politicians who don't want to raise the wage and the people they represent."
–Jonathan Schleifer, executive director of the Fairness Project on the successful minimum wage ballot measures in Missouri and Arkansas.
List of the Week
47% of eligible voters voted
Highest turnout for a midterm since 1966
Second highest turnout for a midterm since 1942
Top Five News Headlines
- Workplace Surveillance:Will New Techniques Spark Resentment
- Voters just gave nearly 1 million workers a raise in 2 red states
- Trump’s tax cuts will help the Walton family more than Walmart workers
- The Seattle Minimum Wage Study Marches On
- Senior Citizens Are Replacing Teenagers as Fast-Food Workers