Topic of the Week
Blog of the Week
'Can we find a deal?': Coronavirus sparks debate over paid leave
Democrats, Republicans and corporate America are coalescing behind a federal paid leave policy for the first time in the U.S., one of few rich nations where workers aren’t automatically provided the benefit.
Thought for the Week
"We realize the importance of our voices only when we are silenced."
–— Malala Yousafzai
List of the Week
from Economic Policy Institute
Why workers need the Protecting the Right to Organize Act
- Nearly half (48%) of all nonunion workers surveyed say they would vote for a union if given the opportunity
- 65% of Americans who approve of labor unions is higher than it has been since the early 2000s, with young workers ages 18–34 the most supportive.
- Employers are charged with violating the law by firing activists, making illegal threats, and engaging in other unlawful conduct in 41.5% of all organizing campaigns.
Top Five News Headlines
- 'No glass ceiling': Tulane doctor files discrimination lawsuit against medical school
- Californians Still Struggling To Get Unemployment Benefits As Audits Slam EDD Over Delays, Fraud
- 4 Signs Your Boss Is A Micromanager And How To Challenge Them
- What Will Offices, Homes Look Like Post-Pandemic?
- Republicans Grapple With Raising the Minimum Wage