Topic of the Week
Racial discrimination refers to the practice of treating individuals differently because of their race or color. Federal law prohibits race discrimination in the workplace and incidents of race discrimination can take many forms, in the workplace particul
Blog of the Week
Trump’s NLRB Quietly Makes It Riskier To Wear Union Schwag at Work
The Republican-controlled National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) ended 2019 by rolling back another round of Obama-era regulations and handing down a number of pro-employer decisions. One of those rulings restricts workers from wearing union buttons and other pro-labor insignia.
Thought for the Week
"Let us rise up tonight with a greater readiness. Let us stand with a greater determination. And let us move on in these powerful days, these days of challenge, to make America what it ought to be. We have an opportunity to make America a better nation."
–Martin Luther King Jr.; "I've Been to the Mountaintop," address delivered at Bishop Charles Mason Temple
List of the Week
Diversity in Tech – The Stats
- 10 large technology companies in Silicon Valley had no black women employees in 2016.
- Nearly one third of large tech companies in Silicon Valley had no executives who were women of color.
- White men accounted for about 39 percent of professionals, 47 percent of managers and 59 percent of executives.
Top Five News Headlines
- A Reporter's Suspension After Tweeting About Kobe Bryant's Dismissed 2004 Rape Case, Offers a Teachable Moment in Workplace Ethics
- Age discrimination is bad for the bottom line
- What Millennials Can Learn From Their Bosses
- Let It Rip Weekend: Sexual misconduct in politics and changes in workplace culture
- Race still matters: Why white workers keep getting more of the good jobs