Topic of the Week
Sexual Harassment Practical Strategies: How Do I Deal with Sexual Harassment?
Blog of the Week
The Long Struggle Against Giving Up
The Retail, Wholesale and Department Store Union (RWDSU), the union organizing the Amazon warehouse, lost the vote by more than a 2 – 1 margin. After the extreme publicity of the campaign over the past couple of months, such a definitive loss was crushing.
Thought for the Week
"The ADA is based on a basic presumption that people with disabilities want to work and are capable of working, want to be members of their communities and are capable of being members of their communities and that exclusion and segregation cannot be tolerated. Accommodating a person with a disability is no longer a matter of charity but instead a basic issue of civil rights."
–Arlene Mayerson | Chronicling the history of the ADA for the Disability Rights Education & Defense Fund
List of the Week
from Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Between March and August 2020 a million workers with disabilities lost their jobs, and by December, unemployment among this cohort climbed to 12.3%—which is about twice the national average.
- One in four U.S. adults (61 million) has some type of disability.
Top Five News Headlines
- [Louisiana] Both marijuana and hair-style discrimination bills will be debated early this week
- The Future Of Work - What’s The Point Of A Shared Workplace?
- That New Hybrid Office May Not Be as Flexible as You Hoped For:
The post-pandemic workplace risks being complex for bosses to run and unsatisfying for employees.
- Fiduciary Investment Advice: Implications Of Department Of Labor Prohibited Transaction Exception 2020-02
- IRS Issues Additional Guidance on the Tax Treatment of Dependent Care Benefits